Personal information means information about a living individual and information by which a specific individual can be identified by a name, date of birth or other descriptions, etc. contained therein.
- (1)Each Kurita Group company shall build a system necessary for protecting and managing personal information and establish rules (hereinafter, "Personal Information Management Rules") that set forth rules for complying with the Personal Information Protection Laws based on Kurita Group Personal Information Management Policy (hereinafter, the "Policy").
- (2)The Personal Information Management Rules established by each Kurita Group company shall abide by rules for the handling of personal information that are established by the Policy and the Personal Information Protection Laws that are applied in each country or each region for each Kurita Group company to conduct business activities (hereinafter, "Local Laws"). If the provisions of the Policy do not conform to the Local Laws, the Personal Information Management Rules that give priority to the Local Laws shall be established.
- (3)Directors and employees of Kurita Group (hereinafter, "Directors and Employees") shall handle personal information properly in compliance with the Policy.
- (4)Kurita Group shall take the necessary actions from organizational, personal, physical and technical perspectives to manage personal information safely and appropriately.
- (5)If an incident such as the leaking of personal information occurs or if a leak is suspected, Kurita Group company involved shall immediately report it to the Information System Department of Kurita Water Industries.
Handling of personal information
- (1)Directors and Employees shall not obtain personal information by deception or other wrongful means.
- (2)If Kurita Group and its Directors and Employees have obtained personal information, they shall promptly notify the principal of the purpose of use, unless the purpose of use of personal information has been published in advance.
- (3)Kurita Group shall specify the purpose of use of personal information, and Directors and Employees shall handle personal information only for that purpose of use. In addition, personal information to be handled shall be limited to the minimum necessary content.
- (4)Kurita Group shall take the necessary actions to prevent the leaking of personal information, etc. based on the measures for preventing the leaking of information stipulated in Kurita Group Confidential Information Management Policy.
- (5)Directors and Employees shall strive to keep personal information accurate and up to date and shall delete the personal information without delay when it is no longer required.
- (6)Directors and Employees shall not provide personal information to a third party without obtaining the principal's consent in advance. When they provide personal information to a third party, they shall comply with the provisions of the Local Laws and the Personal Information Management Rules.
- (7)Directors and Employees shall not receive the provision of personal information from a third party, except for unavoidable cases in the course of their work.
- (8)When Kurita Group entrusts all or part of the handling of personal information to a third party, Kurita Group shall select a party to whom the handling of personal information is entrusted after confirming that the party has in place a sufficient system for protecting personal information and shall exercise necessary and appropriate management so that the personal information is managed safely by the third party.
Demand, etc. for the disclosure, etc. of personal information
- (1)Kurita Group shall strive to appropriately and promptly handle the reception and administration of consultations and complaints about the handling of personal information by establishing an office to protect personal information as a point of contact for responding to demand for the disclosure, revision and cessation of use of personal information and other consultations, etc.
- (2)When Kurita Group receives a demand for the disclosure, revision and cessation of use of personal information from a principal, Kurita Group shall promptly respond to the demand after confirming that the demand is made by the principal.
Checking and improvement of the management status of personal information
Kurita Water Industries shall regularly check the management status of personal information in Kurita Group and improve it as needed whenever a problem is identified.