1. Basic Policy
Kurita Water Industries Ltd. and its consolidated subsidiaries (hereinafter called the "Kurita Group") will comply with laws and guidelines concerning the protection of personal information in each country and region (hereinafter collectively called the "Personal Information Protection Laws") and the Kurita Group Code of Conduct and other internal regulations. The Kurita Group will strictly manage personal information of customers, business partners, shareholders, officers and employees (hereinafter collectively called "Data Subjects") and will not improperly use or disclose such personal information not only during employment but also after retirement.
Moreover, the Kurita Group will clarify the purpose of use before obtaining personal information of Data Subjects and obtain such information by lawful and fair means.
2. Method of Collection
Kurita Group may collect personal information from Data Subjects themselves, through publicly available information and through social media and from third parties.
3. Purpose of Use
The Kurita Group will use obtained personal information for the following purposes:
- (1)personal information of customers
- 1)To execute transactions with customers properly and smoothly;
- 2)To reply to various inquiries, including requests for advice on products and services;
- 3)To analyze information obtained such as through browsing history and conduct customer satisfaction surveys and other surveys, etc.; and
- 4)To analyze information obtained such as through browsing history and provide information on products and services that customers have a growing interest in by sending catalogs or emails, etc.
- (2)personal information of business partners
- 1)To have various types of communication necessary for business; and
- 2)To execute business with business partners properly and smoothly.
- (3)personal information of shareholders
- 1)To provide various services from the Company in connection with their positions as shareholders;
- 2)To manage shareholders, including preparation of shareholders data based on the designated standards under various laws and regulations; and
- 3)To reply to inquiries from shareholders.
- (4)personal information of applicants for employment and internship and retired employees
- 1)To provide information and perform business related to recruiting activities;
- 2)To manage recruiting work at the Kurita Group; and
- 3)To provide information for and have communication, etc. with retired employees.
- (5)personal information of the Kurita Group's officers and employees, etc.
- 1)To have business communication;
- 2)To perform workforce management, including assignment, payment of salaries, etc., work hours management and health management; and
- 3)To conduct personnel training, performance reviews, engagement surveys, etc.
4. Provision to Third Parties
The Kurita Group will not provide personal information to any third party without the consent of the Data Subject except following cases.
- (1)Cases based on laws and regulations;
- (2)Cases in which there is a need to protect a human life, body or assets, and when it is difficult to obtain the consent of the Data Subject;
- (3)Cases in which there is a special need to enhance public hygiene or promote the upbringing of healthy children, and when it is difficult to obtain the consent of the Data Subject; or
- (4)Cases in which there is a need to cooperate in regard to a central government organization or a local government, or a person entrusted by them performing affairs prescribed by laws and regulations, and when there is a possibility that obtaining the consent of the Data Subject would interfere with the performance of the said affairs.
5. Joint Use
The Kurita Group may use provided personal information jointly within the Kurita Group within the extent necessary to achieve the purposes described in "3. Purpose of Use" above. The categories of jointly used personal information, the scope of the use and the person responsible for controlling such information are as follows:
- (1)Categories of jointly used personal information
- Names, company names, affiliation, telephone numbers, email addresses and other contact details and other matters necessary to achieve the purpose of use described above
- (2)Scope of a jointly using person
- The Kurita Group
- (3)Person responsible for controlling information
- Kurita Water Industries Ltd. Click here for the Company Outline
6. Provision to Persons Overseas
If the Kurita Group provides personal information for third parties or overseas group companies across national borders, it will confirm laws, regulations and rules regarding cross-border transfer of personal information and implement such transfer in compliance with those laws, etc.
7. Security Control Actions
- In order to handle personal information properly, the Kurita Group will strive to strengthen and improve internal systems by appointing the personal information protection manager, complying with laws, regulations and guidelines, developing, operating and formulating internal regulations, developing audit systems, providing training to officers and employees, overseeing the handling of personal data and taking other measures.
The Kurita Group has taken the measures set out below for safety control.
- To establish the Kurita Group Personal Information Management Policy to guarantee appropriate handling of personal data.
- To establish handling regulations for personal data regarding handling methods, the person responsible or in charge, and their role, etc. for each stage of obtaining, using, storing, providing, deleting, and disposing of personal data.
- To appoint a person responsible for handling personal data, clarify the scope of employees who handle personal data and personal data handled by those employees, and maintain a system for reporting to the person responsible if any facts or signs are recognized as being in breach of the law or handling regulations.
- To provide regular training to employees on matters of concern in relation to the handling of personal data.
- To control entry of employees into rooms in, and restrict devices, etc. brought into, the area where personal data is handled, and take measures to prevent unauthorized people from accessing personal data.
- To take measures to prevent the theft or loss, etc. of devices, electronic media, documents, etc. for handling personal data, and take measures so that personal data is not easily identified if that device, electronic media, etc. is taken, including if it is moved within the office.
- To control access, and limit the scope of people in charge and personal information data bases, etc. that are handled.
- To introduce a system for protecting the information system that handles personal information from external unauthorized access or malware.
- To carry out security control actions with an understanding of legal systems for protecting personal information in foreign countries where personal data is stored (i.e., U.S. and Germany). To carry out other security control actions with an understanding of legal systems for protecting personal information in the relevant countries if the personal data is stored on a server installed in a foreign country.
- Upon entrusting the handling of personal information, to select as an entrusted party a person that handles personal information properly and stipulate matters necessary to enable the entrusted party to control personal information properly.
8. Various Procedures for Disclosure, Revision, Cessation of Use, Etc. of personal information
- The Kurita Group will promptly respond to inquiries regarding disclosure, revision, cessation of use, deletion and other handling of personal information pursuant to the provisions of laws and regulations.
- The Kurita Group may ask inquirers about their contact details and other detailed information to confirm that they are the Data Subjects of the relevant personal information.
- Point of contact for consultation regarding protection of personal information
- Office to Protect personal information of Kurita Water Industries Ltd.
- Address: Nakano Central Park East, 10-1, Nakano 4-Chome, Nakano-ku, Tokyo
- Telephone: 03-6743-4913
10. Retention Period of personal information
The retention period of personal information shall be as permitted under the applicable laws and regulations. Personal information shall be promptly erased after the retention period, unless necessary for contractual or other purpose of processing.
- Revised as of April 1, 2022