March 1, 2017
Notice Regarding Acquisition of the Company's Stock
(Under the provisions of the Articles of Incorporation pursuant to Article 165, paragraph 2 of the Corporation Law)
Kurita Water Industries Ltd. (the Company) announces that its Board of Directors, at the meeting of the Board of Directors held on February 28, 2017, resolved that the Company would acquire the Company's stock in accordance with Article 156 of the Corporation Law applicable pursuant to Article 165, paragraph 3 of the said Law.
1.Reason for acquisition of the Company's Stock
The Company decided to acquire the Company's stock with the aim of improving capital efficiency and ensuring a flexible capital strategy in response to a changing business environment in the future.
2.Details of acquisition
- (1) Type of shares to be acquired
- : Common stock of the Company
- (2) Total number of shares to be acquired
- : Up to 4,000,000 shares
(Equivalent to 3.45% of outstanding shares (excluding treasury stock))
- (3) Total amount of acquisition
- : Up to 10,000,000,000 yen
- (4) Period of acquisition
- : From March 2, 2017 to May 31, 2017
(Reference) Possession of treasury stock as of January 31, 2017
- Number of outstanding shares (excluding treasury stock)
- 115,856,173 shares
- Number of treasury stock
- 3,308,421 shares
- Note :The number of treasury stock above includes 339,800 shares of treasury stock for performance-linked stock compensation to directors, held by Japan Trustee Services Bank, Ltd.(Trust Account).